Thursday, November 1, 2012

In the beauty of it all


via http://vsingleton.blogspot.com/2009/04/fall-leaves.html

"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."

-Emily Bronte

I often find myself awed by God's creation. Some days it stems from the sway of the trees. Some days it's the simultaneous intensity and clarity of a blue, cloudless sky. Some days it's in the breeze that cuts through this Houston humidity. It's the budding of a flower, the feel of the grass between your toes (except when a blade cuts you...that sucks).

This morning I realized that we are His most beautiful creation.

Our bodies are the perfect combination of strength and delicacy. We can sing, and dance, and run, and laugh, and make mistakes, and make promises...it is beautiful.

Sometimes when I'm feeling like taking the elevator or a ramp, I force myself to take the stairs just to remind my body that it works. Just to remind myself that I can move. It's the little things you know :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment